Ludum Dare #24 was my first game jam, an experience I found most enjoyable. Sadly, I couldn't make it to its 25th edition. However, unless something major happens, I"m totally in for Ludum Dare #26 which will take place next weekend. Aiming at respecting tradition I shall post my arsenal of choice, unsurprisingly, they are as follow.
- Environment: Java + Eclipse.
- Libraries: libgdx & friends, maybe something from my codebase.
- Graphics: Inkscape, TexturePacker and Flash if I require animations.
- Audio: Audacity and the dodgy effects produced by sfxr.
- Others: depending on game details I could use Tiled for level design, Photoshop.
The goal is to finish a game that sucks as less as possible while retaining my mental sanity and some physical health. That means going for a jog each day and keeping the caffeine intake under control.
Keeping things short, I"ll be posting progress updates on Twitter all weekend and a proper postmortem article will follow on this very blog.